May 29, 2010

Life in Amsterdam - 1

15th May 2010. I have landed here in Amsterdam, Netherlands for my onsite assignment. My colleague came to airport to receive me. She was waiting for me at the place where customs checking was going on. I was very happy to see her, as it was my first travel to any other country. All throughout my journey, i was in a kind of bother. Seeing her, felt very relaxed. Then we walked towards exit. she took few pics of mine at the airport.
I have booked a cab to my place, where I was going to stay. We went in cab. Dutch cab, dutch people, all new.

I met my colleague, with whom I am going to stay. After having all discussions, about my travel, happenings at offshore, gossips, formalities, I was tired by then.
I fell asleep. To my surprise, by the time i woke up, it was sunday evening, i was actually in a feeling it was saturday evening...i slept for around 18 hours:)

I went to office, the following day. My manager here introduced me to all our clients. Nissan manager took me to all the departments, traffic & customs, inventory, logistics, planning, he also took me to the warehouse and showed each and every aspect of the plant, explaining everything about the details of each section of business very lucidly. He has lot of patience. I have tried to grasp most of the things which he was saying me. I used to have a feeling, it might be difficult to understand english of these people, but it was not a problem. I was comfortable with the english these dutch people speak.

More to continue...

No comments: