Aug 15, 2009

My Diary page - 7

How to start this blog. Not clear in my mind. But somewhere I shud start. One month back, this happened. One of the worst days for me in this year. I was assigned with some task. My PL, she explained me everything regarding the issue . thing is she explained me around 100 things in a sequence without a pause, with her extraordinary fluent english. I have a very limited knowledge on business. And this gal made use of many business related terms in her words. I ve actually missed her flow at the very beginning. But gave a nod to whatever she was telling till the end. . I know, whatever she says I ll never understand. Since one year I ve been facing the same kind of situation. I thot this was one of them. I was confident enuf that , by referring KT docs, I can get what this issue was all about and what she was actually trying to say and what actually she wants from me. Thing is I did not properly understand what was I actually supposed to do. But was in an assumption that, I can understand once the work progresses. This assumption was a mistake. Delivery date was approaching. I ve done analysis, coding part also is done. I ve asked her to review. She said coding is fine and gave a nod for testing. There were around 4 scenarios to be tested. I ve tested three of them. The fourth one is slightly less complicated one relatively when compared to the other three. But the thing is I was not sure if what I am doing is correct regarding the fourth scenario. So to make it clear, I went to her as I was having a doubt. Just to get a confirmation on what I was trying to test is correct. For this She shouted at me saying “Did u understand what I was trying to say you the other day??? When u did not understand, u shud have told me that day itself. Ok leave it, I ll do it. u can leave”. One thing to mention. It actually is not a complicated issue. It’s a chumma marval. She can in a gentle manner say me. If I was going wrong. I knew, she voluntarily has done this. What ever might be the reason, I was completely down that day. On that day, it was Friday actually, this incident happened around 3 in the afternoon. I ve done nothing since then. I was staring at monitor till 8. Completely disturbed. After all she is my PL. First time for these 2 years, one gal commented my work.


In response to this, after a week, I have put a mail to my friends Ashok, Deepak, saying how worst things are going for me. Meanwhile I ve completed a new marval for which client was really happy about my analysis. I ve received appreciation for that. All the managers, onsite people, my PL, team mates every one were in the loop. I ve actually went to cafeteria that time.


Gayathri, she sits behind me(my projectmate), she said “hey rajendra, congrats”.


I was surprised. “Why? What ‘s the matter? Did she scold me again” .


hey come on. Look at at your inbox, she said.


I ve unlocked my system. My inbox has 8 mails, and that too in a short span of 10 minutes. Appreciation mails from managers, saying ‘Great job”.


Nice feeling, to receive appreciation for what you have done.


She(my PL ) came to me. My facial expressions slightly changed.


She said “Congrats, keep up the good work”. It was a relief kind of thing for me.


I m planning to purchase laptop. It costs around 40K. I don’t have money in hand right now. I don’t want to ask my parents for money. I want to purchase it on my own. I am planning to take a loan. First time in my life, I am doing a thing in my life, without informing my parents . icici personal loan candidate, stupid guy, when I asked him if he can give loan, he said “Sir, we have stopped giving loans to Satyam people. If that guy was infront of me, I would have murd**ed him. Idiot. These icici people, in those days were behind me, “Sir, take credit card sir, no extra charges, ur credit limit is 75K sir. This is a special offer, exclusively for sat yam people bolke”. Stupids, how they are talking now. CITI bank guy called me up, saying bank was ready to give me loan.

No comments: